GE Compact Refrigerator
When a GE Compact Refrigerator is mentioned, it is usually associated with college kids and dorm rooms. Of course, it is the perfect solution for the circumstances, but there are numerous additional uses that come to mind also. GE has been such an established brand of refrigerator manufacturing for 90 years that quality and reliability are practically assured.
Not only can a GE Compact Refrigerator be suitable for space tight environments such as dorm rooms and smaller size apartments, it also serves as a terrific secondary refrigerator. Upstairs bedrooms, garages, tool sheds, offices, gym rooms, or employee rooms have all been mentioned as possible locations where a compact refrigerator can fit in, all in the name of convenience.
Three of the most popular types of GE Compact Refrigerator :
Biggest compact, part of Spacemaker Refrigerator line :
* 6 cu. ft of interior space
* 34 1/8 H x 23 5/8 W x 24 1/4 D
* Available in black and white (model GMR06AAPBB for black and model GMR06AAPWW for white)
* Reverse hinges allow opening from left or right hand side
* Ice cube tray freezer holds two mini ice cube trays
* Three shelves situated in the door along with 7 can rack
* Two adjustable wire shelves
One reviewer found this size of compact refrigerator perfect for her small rental guesthouse, while another reported substantial savings by being able to bring snacks and drinks from home ever since he put his compact refrigerator in his office.
Midsized Compact :
* 4.3 cu. ft of interior space
* 32 3/4 H x 20 1/2 W x 21 D
* Available in black, white and stainless steel (model GMR04ANBB for black, model GMR04NWW for white and model GMR04HASCS for stainless steel)
* Holds one mini ice cube tray
* Hinges are positioned on the right and the door opens to the left
* Three shelves inside the door
* Two adjustable wire shelves
Reviewers claim this size is good for storing sodas, beer or dips while watching ball games without having to head for the main refrigerator, while others seem to find the small freezer space to be inadequate.
Smallest Compact (Compact Cube) :
* 1.7 cu. ft of interior space
* 19 1/2 H x 17 3/8 W x 19 D
* Only available in white (model GMR02BANWW)
* Hinges located on the right like the midsized version
* Fits one mini ice cube tray
* Two shelves in the door that can hold two half gallons of milk
* One non adjustable wire shelf
This smallest of GE Compact Refrigerator is designed for users who only need limited storage space, but reviewers have mentioned that it is a great replacement for coolers while travelling, especially on camping trips to camp grounds. Chefs at weekend ball games can find this highly portable GE Compact Refrigerator convenient as it can be plugged into the cigarette lighter, although a power inverter may sometimes be required.
And these are just the three main size categories that GE offers. Numerous choices are also available in between for consideration, such as the GMR06AAP 24" GE Compact Refrigerator. Prices start at a little over $100 to under $400 for the 6.0 cu. ft Compact Refrigerator, making these compact refrigerators easily affordable to most pocket books.
However, for the time challenged user, a major drawback of a GE Compact Refrigerator lies in the fact that all of these compact refrigerators are not frost free and have to be manually defrosted. It is recommended that users do not let ice build up to an extensive level, since manual defrosting can prove to be somewhat messy and a fairly large amount of water is involved.
Overall, reviewers of a GE Compact Refrigerator are well satisfied with the product and most would readily recommend it as a good product for the price. The hardest decision is which model to choose.